The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps

Monday, August 01, 2005

All Great Adventures Must Have An End At Some Point

I think most of you know by now, but for those of you who don’t I’m going ahead and officially announcing it. Do to an irresistible offer by my boss to stay in my internship and a desire to stay in France a little longer I have officially decided to stay here in Paris in my internship till the end of December. Yes I know you were all expecting me home in September as I thought I’d be home then as well, but I couldn’t really pass this opportunity up despite how much I was looking forward to getting back and seeing everyone. But the good news is there are now an additional 4 months that you can all come and visit me if you haven’t had the chance yet!

I can now also officially announce my return date as I have just purchased my return ticket home. My European adventure will be coming to an end on January 3, 2006 when I arrive at Houston International Airport at 2:05 p.m. This means I will be spending a fabulous New Year’s Eve in Paris before my depart. So anyone want to come out and celebrate New Year’s Eve with me in a fantastic city??? Danielle, want to use that return ticket a little earlier??? I can do my best to house anyone that wants to come out although at this point I can’t promise I’ll even have an apartment for those couple of days. Everyone give it some thought though, I can promise a great New Year’s Eve filled with fireworks off of one of the world’s most well known monuments.

On that note, see you all January 3!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you are flying First Class!!!!
I have to be at the airport on Jan 3rd at 2:25 to drop off a visitor. Do you need a ride?

Michelle said...

I'm looking to see if I can come. I'll let you know ASAP!

Anonymous said...

We'll see about Paris...i live day-to-day right now, literally...can't plan beyond a week...so 5 months from now is like light years away for me...if not this time, then for our reunion in the City of Lights...Will let you know, though!

Anonymous said...

I want to try and make it out there again for New Years! Although, I'm afraid that if I ask for another vacation, my boss might fire me, but it's 5 months away and I still have vaca time. Hopefully I can make it at least for a few days. I want to ring in 2006 in Paris!