The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Again, I'd like to ask the question "Is it just me or is there something wrong here?"

Soon my loans will be coming due and since I am still just a lowly intern I called up Sallie Mae to find out my options on deferment since I will in no way be able to make my payments for a while now.

After explaing to her that I can't pay because I'm abroad doing an internship and her going through my options and informing me of the procedures we chat just a bit before she does her wrap up.

In this final wrap up she informs me that Sallie Mae also does financing for mortgages and proceeds to ask me if I'm planning on buying a house within the next 3 months.

If I can't pay my loans do I honestly have any business buying a house? Not to mention I just stated I was living abroad doing an internship.

Now I know it's just standard procedure and she must ask that question to everyone, but don't you think at some point companies should just start letting their employees make judgement calls. Because in my opinion this just makes the company look bad and makes them less in tune with their customers as it seems she just didn't listen to a word I said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is just their job and
they simply ask what they are suppose to ask and No I do not think
they listen.............
Good Luck with the loans...
wait until you get back to the
states and have all the other bills
too, car insurance, gasoline, credit cards, rent etc etc etc etc.
The real world starts now....
Geneva