The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps

Monday, October 17, 2005

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

So upon leaving my office today I look up across the street and to my surprise I see that Galleries Lafayette has already begun putting an enormous display of christmas lights on their building. I was thoroughly excited as I just can't wait to see Paris dressed up in Christmas decorations, not to mention it's nice to see the French make some form of celebration/decoration for a holiday.

*Disclaimer: I in no way actually support this blatant disregard for Halloween and premature decorating, however, due to the fact that the French do not celebrate Thanksgiving and only rarely decorate or even celebrate holidays the way we do in the U.S. I am willing to look past this faux pas as I have been holiday deprived here.

1 comment:

Zac said...

So then you are missing the onslaught of Halloween/Horror movies and candy galore. Two months prior to any holiday seems like a premature time to start celebrating, but if you are a nation that talks to bums, then a lot of things must be different.