The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Scandinavia with a dash of Eastern Europe

So I’m very happy to announce that my big trip has successfully been booked and I’m all set to go. I opted to make a tour of Scandinavia for my final big trip since I have a friend from Texas living in Helsinki, Finland and I wanted to visit her. So below are my plans:

Sept. 2 Fly from Paris to Bergen, Norway. Spend two nights in Bergen and tour the Fjords

Sept. 4 Take a train (apparently very scenic train ride) from Bergen to Oslo. Spend 1 night in Oslo.

Sept. 5 Take an overnight ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen, Denmark.

Sept. 6 Arrive in Copenhagen, spend two nights in Copenhagen

Sept. 8 Take a train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, spend 3 nights in Stockholm and tour the archipelago.

Sept. 11 Take an overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki

Sept. 12 Arrive in Helsinki, spend 3 nights in Helsinki with Wai-San!

Sept. 15 Take a ferry to Tallin, Estonia, spend one night in Tallin.

Sept. 16 Fly from Tallin to Paris.

So it was difficult and time consuming to plan but alas it is done and I’m extremely excited!!! So if anyone reading this has been to any of the listed places and has recommendations on what to see it would be greatly appreciated if you would pass it along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCITING TRIP. YOUR MAKING EVERYONE JEALOUS. YOU WILL SEE LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL SCENERY.DAD

Anonymous said...

Copenhagen is really cool. I went there with my grandma when I was in high school. I only stayed a couple of days but it seemed like a really hip and young city. I think you will enjoy your time there.
~Jessica